We adore our dogs, but the odor of dog breath is not always so pleasant!
Feeding these dog treats will certainly help to improve that breath especially as both mint and parsley are useful herbs which, if given in small amounts, are safe and beneficial for your dog.
230g or 1 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh mint
4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, beaten or 1 flax egg
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1-3 tablespoons of water
– Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F
– In one bowl, blend the flour, mint and parsley leaves together
– In another bowl, briskly whisk up the honey and olive
– Add both mixtures together and then add the egg to the mix. Stir well
– Add the water, a teaspoon at a time, to help the dough come together
– Knead the dough for 3-5 minutes until quite firm and sticky
– Using a rolling pin, roll the mixture to the desired thickness, depending on how thick you would like the treats to be for your dog (about 3mm thick is a good guide)
– Line a baking tray with baking paper
– Cut the dog treats into your chosen shape
– Place the baking tray into the oven, and bake for 15 minutes
Remember to count these as part of your dog’s daily diet!
Thanks for stopping by!
We'll soon be launching a platform for you to connect with other like-minded animal lovers in your area for playdates, events and to create a buddy system of pet care when you're out of town.
You'll be able to search for profiles of people and their animals so that you can create a new animal network!
Reserve your profile name here